Check this page regularly to keep up to date on all of the events happening at Banting House!
World Diabetes Day 2018
Please join us as we celebrate the 11th anniversary WORLD DIABETES DAY and SIR FREDERICK BANTING’S 127TH BIRTHDAY!
Wednesday, November 14th, 2018
6:00PM – 8:30PM
Formal program begins at 7:00PM.
Sir Frederick G. Banting Square (442 Adelaide St N, London, ON)
Some of our evening activities will include:
– the lighting of Sir Frederick’s Statue as part of the global Blue Monument Challenge;
– the reading of international “Dear Dr. Banting” letters that have been left at the museum;
– the unveiling of the newly installed commemorative bricks in the Global Garden;
– a special ceremony to honour the centennial of the end of the First World War and Banting’s military involvement;
– the unveiling of the Diabetes Canada national donor recognition program;
– fun games for children.
Admission is FREE.
We will also be collecting your gently used clothing for our clothesline program, which supports the Diabetes Canada.
Want to add a little local historical flair to your upcoming event? For more information about holding your event at Banting House National Historic Site, please click here.